San Francisco Design Week event is a community event and our Hosts are important to it’s success. SFDW strives to feature a diverse set of voices and perspectives across all design disciplines.
We thank you for your participation, and have outlined some key details that should help make your SFDW event succesful.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our host registration process follows several key steps:
- We review your registration and contact you with any questions we may have
- We supply both an individual event page on our site and your custom Eventbrite event for your review.
- Once both the page and Event are approved by you, we schedule your event to go live. We release all new events on a weekly cycle (Monday 10a each week) to both amplify promotions and give visitors equal opportunity to reserve tickets. We will provide release dates and times to each host.
- Once your event is live, we suggest reviewing tips and requirements for your event, detailed below.
Here’s the basics you need to know:
June 4 6:30-9:00p : San Francisco Design Week Opening Party
Our biggest yet, this is where all visitors, guests, sponsors and hosts can gather. Expecting 3,000 in attendance, details & tickets are here.
June 4 & 5 All Day : The Hub
Discover the latest design products and furnishings from leading brands and independent makers, complete with special events, educational programs and design installations. Info here.
June 9 & 10 6:00-9:00p : Studio Tours
Doors open across the city for tours at studios, firms and startups spanning a variety of design disciplines.
Morning, Noon and Night: a wide variety of events will be taking place across all schedule blocks throughout the week- be sure to check out what’s available!
Requirements for Hosts
Every event is unique. To help visitors navigate and identify official SFDW events, we’ve laid out a couple core requirements:
- Marketing & Wayfinding: our team has created templates that may be used for wayfinding signage, presentations or printed collateral to help brand your event as part of SFDW. Resources are available for download under Promoting your Event.
- Promotion: With so many activities available, we ask that hosts promote their event and SFDW broadly on any active social channels. Account info and tags are listed below.
- Resources: Each event is organized, funded and staffed by hosts. We suggest hosts have employees available for monitoring attendance (via ticketing), general documentation (photography) and fielding any questions pertinent to your event. We also require hosts to provide follow-up info on attendance and general feedback through a simple form available after SFDW.
- Welcome to the Family: We ask hosts to welcome guests from both around the Bay and across the world as we foster new conversations and celebrate the work and impact of great design.
Promoting Your Event
More than just selling tickets, SFDW leverages an extensive partnership network to increase visibility and engage audiences year-round. Amplify your involvement through branding your event and social posts:
[Download] SFDW Presentation Template (PPT/Keynote)
[Download] SFDW Wayfinding Poster (InDesign & PDF)
[Download] SFDW Logos (EPS & PNG)
[Download] SFDW Images/Art (PNG)
Sample Tweets: https://twitter.com/sfdesignweek #SFDW2015
Join us at (your event name) June (date) at (host’s handle) HQ for a talk with (person(s)) about (topic) #SFDW2015 (shortened URL)
Don’t miss your chance to attend/see (your event name/speaker name) at (location/handle) (date) for a talk about (topic) (shortened URL) #SFDW2015
We’re excited to discuss/showcase (topic) at (event name/location) (date) for #SFDW2015! Be sure to get tickets before they sell out! (shortened URL)
Get inspired (date/tomorrow/tonight/today) at (your event name)! We’ll be talking about (topic) with (person(s)) (shortened URL) #SFDW2015
We’re looking forward to the @sfdesignweek #SFDWTours of (studio’s handle) (tour date and time)! RSVP here (shortened URL)
Sample Facebook Posts: https://www.facebook.com/sfdesignweek
We’re on the #SFDWTours (date and time)! Stop by to meet our team and learn more about our (creative process/projects/culture/topic of choice). (shortened URL) #SFDW2015
Join us at (your event name) at (event location) (date and time). We will discuss (topic) with the talented (person(s)) and as part of @San Francisco Design Week. RSVP/visit (shortened URL) for details and tickets. We can’t wait to see you there!
Have you gotten your tickets to (your event name) yet?
Don’t miss your opportunity to attend/to join the discussion about (topic) with (person(s)) during @San Francisco Design Week (date and time). Tickets are selling fast, so buy your tickets today!/RSVP/Learn more at (shortened URL).
We’re excited to discuss/present/showcase/host (your event name) during @San Francisco Design Week this year on (date and time). Join us for an inspiring talk/afternoon/evening of (topic). For tickets and details, please visit (shortened URL). We hope to see you there!
Who comes to SFDW Events?
We welcome a growing local and international audience every year- take a look at some of this year’s demographics.
How can I be sure that I will have attendees?
Each year SFDW events tend to sell out quickly, due in part to the support and promotion of our event hosts. Once your event is live, share to your network and within your organization. You can monitor your ticket sales/registrations through your Eventbrite page.
Where does my registration fee go?
SFDW is organized and run by AIGA San Francisco, the non-profit professional association for design. Any registration fees go towards coordination and resources to run SFDW, as a donation to AIGA SF.